Bridging Kentucky was created by the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet with an aggressive and ambitious goal: develop a statewide program to quickly address a growing backlog of critical bridge projects throughout the Commonwealth. This innovative approach required the state to create streamlined processes to efficiently communicate with key stakeholders and the public as projects moved to and through construction.
C2 Strategic worked closely with KYTC and the program team to engage and educate state and county leaders, contracting partners and the general public about the benefits of the program approach and impacts of individual projects. This outreach included leading informational meetings and presentations, managing media relations and coordinating direct communications with local officials. Our work started with branding and messaging for the program, followed by development of a website and social media channels, so people would understand the positive effects of the statewide effort.
Bridging Kentucky has proven a popular and well-received program – one that directly and indirectly affects every community in the state. In the first two years of the program, the Bridging Kentucky program:
• Gained more than 2,000 social media followers
• Sent more than 5,000 letters and emails to stakeholders
• Reached approximately 16,000 users through BridgingKentucky.com
• Made presentations to nearly 50 regional organizations and industry groups
• Earned more than 450 media mentions reaching more than 2 million readers/viewers