You’ve heard the famous Coco Chanel quote about taking off one accessory before leaving the house. Writing can often follow the same principle.
Smart messages get to the point without fluff. Any time you write a press release, social media post or any marketing message, see what you can remove before going out the door.
Easy Cuts for Concise Messaging
1. Avoid redundancies. Common phrases like “vitally important,” “repeat again” and “close proximity” say the same thing twice.
2. Cut the clutter. Pay attention to word choiceto see if there is one word you can use to replace multiple.
3. Watch your flow. Play with the structure of your sentences and how words work together. Read the words out loud. If you get stuck, so will your reader.
4. Make it interesting. Utilize literary devices like alliteration for messages that are memorable.
5. Be human. Don’t overcomplicate it.Customers recognize authenticity.
Need help developing your message? C2 Strategic works with clients in infrastructure, health care, professional services, construction, and government industries to deliver targeted messages that resonate. Contact us today to get started.
In each Tip Tuesday post, expert strategists at C2 Strategic share communications advice for better outreach and engagement on traditional and modern media channels.