Director of Creative Services
Applicants must supply to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A cover letter detailing creative services experience, including a description of leadership/management roles
- Portfolio of creative work (graphic design, digital or video/photo)
C2 Strategic Communications seeks a Director of Creative Services to join a growing public relations and marketing firm based in Louisville with offices in Lexington and Indianapolis. The director will oversee C2’s creative services department, including graphic design, video, photo, digital marketing and related services, to clients across several industry sectors.
The ideal candidate will be a creative professional who enjoys working in a rapidly changing environment and who can lead a dynamic group of creative professionals. Candidates should have strong knowledge, skills and abilities related to developing and managing advertising, communications and marketing campaigns. Candidates also should enjoy working in a collaborative, creative environment and be able to offer effective strategies and tactics related to diverse clients.
The Director of Creative Services will lead delivery of the firm’s creative services and help identify and develop new offerings. This position also will support staff training and sales efforts.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Manage, mentor and encourage creative team members
- Create, plan and deliver strategic vision for clients
- Help recruit and hire creative team members
- Oversee creative services department with a focus on:
- Quality of work
- Adherence to deadlines
- Growth (size and services)
- Oversee growth and development of creative services, including recommending and implementing new and expanded services
- Lead business development around creative services in collaboration with the Government & Business Services and Transportation teams
- Serve as a liaison between the marketing and the creative services team
- Support client needs for creative services, including guiding strategic direction for projects, managing department resources, and supporting client work, as needed
- Stay abreast of emerging trends and recognize opportunities to meet client needs
- Assist with business development: direct client pitches, proposal writing, presentations, etc.
- Participate in annual strategic planning for the company
- Enter hours worked and reimbursable expenses incurred on a timely basis for effective project management and timely billing
- Experience planning and managing creative campaigns
- Ability to think strategically and creatively
- Proactive problem solver
- Experience managing project assignments
- Adept using Adobe Creative suite of products
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with and gain the trust of current and prospective clients
- Adept at collaborating, multi-tasking and meeting deadlines
- Competent in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience managing a creative staff or team members
- Management experience
- Working knowledge of Sprout Social, or similar social management system
- Knowledge/experience using Asana or similar project management platform
- Competency using WordPress, Wix or similar CMS platforms
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, public relations or related field
- 8-10 years of progressively responsible experience in creative departments, especially in an agency, corporate or public agency setting
Normal office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., with an hour for lunch, Monday through Friday. Employees often work off-site, either at a client’s office or event. Reliable transportation is required. Occasionally, night and weekend hours might be required. Overnight travel is minimal.
Job classification: Full-Time Exempt
Reports to: Vice President | Operations; C2 Leadership Team
Interested applicants should send a resume and required materials to email@example.com.