The Talent Strategist is an integral part of C2 Strategic’s Talent Team, working closely with the Chief Operating Officer, Operations Manager, and leadership to execute and refine strategies designed to attract, retain, and support professional growth of employees at all levels.
C2 Strategic commits to challenge and support every team member to reach her/his full potential, and the firm’s Talent Team supports that goal. The Talent Strategist is responsible for managing and developing improved processes for:
- Strategic Recruiting
- Training and Development
- Staff assessments/improvement
- Workplace Culture
Candidates for this position should be detail-oriented and driven to execute talent/HR strategies designed to fuel continued growth and quality improvement of the firm’s entire team. This will be accomplished by ensuring consistency throughout the talent attraction and development process.
The ideal candidate will be able to balance continued improvement with the firm’s desire to maintain a culture that prioritizes work-life balance, job satisfaction, processional development and career success. The ideal candidate should also strive to grow professionally, building experience talents to lead talent strategies.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
Imbed C2 Culture
- Create tools to help assess employee engagement/satisfaction.
- Refine materials that define and promote C2’s culture in all phases of the employee experience.
- Assist CEO and Operations Manager to plan Culture events (listening sessions, celebrations, etc.).
- Assist COO and leadership team in researching and drafting healthy human resources policies.
- Communicate updates to HR policies.
- Conduct research to maintain competitive benefits.
- Work with COO to develop annual recruiting plan.
- Assist Talent Team to create effective talent-acquisition process.
- Identify and manage strategic recruiting opportunities (college fairs, classroom presentations, etc.).
- Coordinate with CEO and President to assign/support recruiting activities.
- Develop and manage talent pipeline to target preferred candidates.
- Assist in posting and reviewing job applicants.
- Review and filter applications from potential candidates.
- Ensure hiring processes support diversity plan.
- Support managers and executives in interview prep.
- Conduct reference checks.
- Assist in scheduling applicant interviews and obtaining required materials.
- Coordinate with COO and CFO to ensure compliance with state, local and federal laws.
- Assist Operations Manager in onboarding new employees and conducts orientations.
- Refine, as needed, onboarding processes.
- Document completion of onboarding by all new employees.
Training & Development
- Help develop C2 Academy – an internal training and development program.
- Plan and manage lunch & learns for staff.
- Develop pre-training assessments and post-training evaluations to gauge success and guide improvement.
- Assist COO in developing improved processes for documenting employee performance.
- Manage and train staff/management in use of Predictive Index assessments.
- Support/enable the talent review process and assist managers in reviews of employee performance.
- Conduct exit interviews with Operations Manager.
- Collect and report trends in feedback from exiting staff.
- Develop and manage offboarding checklist.
- Administrative support
- Maintain calendar of employee anniversaries.
- Help Finance manage employee records.
- Manage updates to Employee Handbook.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business management, business administration, or other relevant fields.
- 1-3 years experience in HR or HR-related field.
- Familiarity with HR processes, programs and best practices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Expertise using MS Office suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, etc.)
- Human Resources Specialist certification
- Good organizational skills
- Skills to multitask efficiently and the ability to work in a fast-paced work environment
- Positive attitude towards challenges and excellent problem-solving skills
- Great attention-to-detail
- Strategic thinking to contribute effectively to the C2 Talent Team
- Ability to securely handle employee records
How to Set Yourself Apart:
- Be Invested: Demonstrate attention to detail, multi-tasking and organization
- Be Nimble: Show your ability to think strategically as a proactive problem solver
- Be Persuasive: Share how you’ve gained trust and built consensus
- Be Insightful: Translate complex concepts into easy-to-understand messages
- Be Tenacious: Show your stick-to-it-iveness and relentless pursuit of solutions
- Be Connected: Prove you can work with a team toward a common goal
- Be Humble but Confident: Brag about your unique talents and experiences
More About This Role:
C2 Strategic has helped build bridges, move mountains, educate masses and create community consensus. The company has more than 30 staff members serving clients and projects throughout Kentucky and Indiana. Our firm continues to grow and innovate, partnering with clients who are committed to improving their communities and team members who can grow with us.
- A typical work week is 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday with a one-hour lunch
- Position will be based in Louisville headquarters
- Reliable transportation is required
- Night and weekend hours, and the occasional travel, may be required but are minimal
- This position is full-time exempt and reports to Executive Team
- Benefits include insurance, retirement savings plan and paid time off
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and examples of professional work/case studies to firstname.lastname@example.org.