C2 Strategic Communications seeks a communications strategist to complement its growing team of talented, creative and innovative communicators.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Staff Strategist
The staff strategist assists senior strategists and C2 officers overseeing client deliverables, work flow and processes on larger projects or contracts. Staff strategists will manage smaller projects or contracts as a path to professional growth and advancement at C2.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Develop and implement communications plans, including objectives, strategies, tactics and budgets to meet client needs and reach target audiences
- Identify key deliverables and manage the process to achieve them, using exceptional organizational and relationship skills
- Manage time effectively and efficiently to stay on budget according to terms of client contract
- Develop and write news releases, newsletters, web content, speeches, talking points, presentations, other collateral marketing materials, social media posts, proposals, etc.
- Plan media avails, news conferences, public meetings and professional conferences
- Identify and integrate news communications capabilities and solutions
- Stay abreast of emerging technology and recognize opportunities to apply the technology to meet client needs
- Assist with business development: direct pitches, proposal writing, presentations, etc.
- Participate in annual strategic planning for the company
- Enter hours worked and reimbursable expenses incurred on a timely basis for effective project management and timely billing
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Ability to interact with and gain the trust of current and prospective clients
- Ability to think strategically and creatively
- Proactive problem solver
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at collaborating, multi-tasking and meeting deadlines
- Experience in communicating with media and the public
- Adept at event planning, from news conferences to public meetings
- Competent in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Competent in multiple social-media platforms
- Working knowledge of MailChimp, Constant Contact, Cision or other media monitoring services, WordPress, PhotoShop, InDesign and/or Illustrator
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing or public relations
- At least three years of progressively responsible experience in the communications field
- Experience working in print/broadcast/digital media and/or with media relations
Normal office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., with an hour for lunch, Monday through Friday. Employees often work off-site, either at a client’s office or event. Reliable transportation is required. Occasionally, night and weekend hours might be required. Overnight travel is minimal.
Reports to: President and executive vice president
Interested applicants should send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org