Social Media Strategist
C2 Strategic Communications – a dynamic, growing public relations agency — seeks an experienced communicator with strong social media skills to add depth and dimension to the services we provide our clients. We are seeking a talented writer, a proactive problem solver and strategic thinker with 3+ years of experience working in public relations, with emphasis on social media.
You will collaborate with other C2 team members and clients to:
- develop social media strategies and tactics,
- plan, create and collaborate on social media content,
- execute plans and calendars, including organic and paid campaigns
- assist with other communications duties, including media relations, event planning, message development and more. Apply today!
The social media strategist collaborates with C2 team members to develop social media strategies and tactics; direct and develop social content; and implement social campaigns and calendars in support of client’s key messages. The strategist will be abreast of the latest trends and platforms in the social media realm. This position may also perform other public relations duties for clients as needed.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Develop and implement communications plans, including objectives, strategies, tactics and budgets to meet client needs and reach target audiences, with a focus on social media
- Identify key deliverables and manage the process to achieve them, using exceptional organizational and relationship skills
- Work directly with clients in managing their social media accounts, exercising independent judgment and professional discretion
- Analyze and evaluate performance of client social media accounts, adjusting strategies and tactics as needed to optimize engagement
- Manage organic and paid social media campaigns in support of broader communications goals.
- Monitor social media accounts for clients and professionally handle public comments
- Manage time effectively and efficiently to stay on budget according to terms of client contract
- Develop and write social media posts, news releases, newsletters, web content, speeches, talking points, presentations, other collateral marketing materials, proposals, etc.
- Assist in planning media availabilities, news conferences, public meetings and professional conferences
- Identify and integrate news communications capabilities and solutions
- Stay abreast of emerging technology and recognize opportunities to apply the technology to meet client needs
- Assist with business development: direct pitches, proposal writing, presentations, etc.
- Participate in annual strategic planning for the company
- Enter hours worked and reimbursable expenses incurred on a timely basis for effective project management and timely billing
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
- Strong written and oral communications skills – in particular, the ability to write descriptively and quickly, in a tone that matches client needs, is paramount
- Adept in multiple social media platforms
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to translate sometimes complex concepts into simple, short messages
- Ability to interact with and gain the trust of current and prospective clients
- Ability to think strategically and creatively
- Proactive problem solver
- Adept at collaborating, multi-tasking and meeting deadlines
- Experience in communicating with media and the public
- Competent in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Working knowledge of Sprout Social, or similar social management system.
- Working knowledge of Google AdWords, Facebook analytics.
- Working knowledge of MailChimp, Constant Contact, Cision or other media monitoring services; WordPress, PhotoShop, InDesign and/or Illustrator
- Competent at event planning, from news conferences to public meetings
- Competent in basic website content management in WordPress, Squarespace or similar
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing or public relations
- At least three years of progressively responsible experience in the communications field
- Experience working in print/broadcast/digital media and/or with media relations
Normal office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., with an hour for lunch, Monday through Friday. Employees often work off-site, either at a client’s office or event. Reliable transportation is required. Occasionally, night and weekend hours might be required. Overnight travel is minimal.
Reports to: President and executive vice president
Submit resumes to Kerri Richardson, Executive Vice President firstname.lastname@example.org.